Sunday, January 31, 2010

Guy Richie's Sherlock Holmes

I LOVE IT!! Oh, man! Avatar may be number one right now, and it may be "a whole new world" kind of awesome, but this movie here was just fun! So far I have loved the way Guy Richie does his movies and this one did not disappoint me. I was afraid that they'd do Sherlock wrong, but it was done right. He was a genius, high on coke, depressed when not on a job, a kind of outsider to "normal" people, etc. Downey played this role well, probably because he's an addict himself, but it was good. They kept you wondering the whole time what was going to happen. The little things he noticed added to it, only because they actually made it a point to point it out. His relationship with Watson was good. The lady friend (thief) didn't have much of a role except to be the only love interest of Sherlock and to lead Holmes to his arch enemy. I was never bored, I really enjoyed this movie, definitely going to add it to my collection.

I'm not going to go into any real details since this movie is just full of too many things to explain or talk about. Just go see it, or wait for it to come out, but see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment