Monday, March 15, 2010

Video Games

I've decided along with movies I'll review games.

SteamBirds



The first thing I noticed on this game is that I just went to the URL, clicked "Play" and that started the game! I didn't have to download anything, or hardly wait a second for it to start. That was pretty cool.
It is a really simple game-simple graphics, music, etc. But, you have to strategize a lot. Your airship has to survive, you have to shoot down the enemy. To do that you choose the path your ship goes, and if an enemy ship is in its path it will shoot, but you have to guess where the enemy ship will be by the end of the turn. All ships move at the same time.
You have just a few controls: arrow keys bring the focus back to your ship. You can move the line of sight forward, left, right, etc. You can have armor, but it takes one turn, and you can't shoot while you have it.
The more levels and medals you complete/get the harder it gets. It starts you out with one ship, then two, etc. But you have to fight more ships, and the way they place you on the map at the beginning will either make it easier or harder for you.
I usually don't like strategy games, but this was really fun! I didn't have to hear dialog, or read a story, I just played.
Overall, it was simple, but I loved that. It had me using my head, and learning from my mistakes. I really enjoyed it and would play it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment