Monday, July 5, 2010

Avatar: The Last Airbender





I was hoping this movie would be awesome, the trailers all made it look awesome, but alas it was not. I suggest just watching the Avatar:Last Airbender Nickelodeon cartoon instead.

Although the graphics were good, the martial arts were awesome the acting was horrible, I didn't like any of the actors they chose for their roles. The writing and story was horrible. M. Knight Shyamalan is getting worse with his movies, I really wish someone else had done this movie.

He tried to squish too much of the first season into a hour and half movie. Not only that but the bending drove me crazy, it took like 5 earth benders to move one rock. I'm sorry but it was way more awesome in the cartoon. There was more humor and less talk overs-in the cartoon. Oh, and they pronounced almost every single name wrong.
Movie:
They find Aang, Zuko shows up takes Aang, he's rescued they fly around to different kingdoms, showing short scenes of them fighting fire benders, they show Zuko and Commander Zhou sometimes, Aang gets caught again, saved by the blue spirit, blah blah, Northern water tribe battle, Oh look! Sokka is in love with the princess FYI. They win, Aang saves the day, the end.
Seriously, now I have to watch the cartoon just to get all that crap out of my head!

The Director needs to have watched the first season. I would have chosen for director: Christopher Nolan, or Joss Whedon, or Guy Richie. It could still be a kids movie, just not stupid.

For part of Aang: Zach Tyler with blue eyes and bald, and the tattoos can stay, those were cool.
Katara: Anna Kendrick (with blue eyes)
Sokka: Jack De Sena with a pony tail and shave.
Zuko: Dante Basco
Admiral Zhao: Jason Isaacs
Princess Yue: Johanna Braddy (with white hair, then dark) Obviously, a little tweaking with hair or eye color would have to do for any of these actors.
I would have had Haru in it also, maybe, but he's be older and be Michael Dow
Uncle Iroh: Jackie Chan...I think. Looking older and fatter, etc.
I wouldn't have shown Ozai or Azula at all, maybe just their voices or silhouettes.
And I would have had Mark Hamill do the voices of Appa and Momo, or any other extra animal or whatever.
So, that is my list, if you can think of someone better let me know.

Anyway,
If you are going to watch it wait till it comes out on the dollar theater.

I wouldn't watch this again, or buy it. I could write it better than Shyamalan did. Give me the money! I'd do it better!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the suggestion although I always wait 'till the dollar theater, it sounds like, for this one either i won't watch it, or i'll wait until it comes out in Netflix or something, then it'll be free.
    --
    The "J-man"

    ReplyDelete